In my last couple of articles I described a rough process for creating a value proposition for an internal consulting team. To do this I used “Sophie” and her mythical business analyst team as an example.
Now we are going to go one step further. Sophie can already explain the services her team offers, but now she needs to assess how well the team can provide those services.
Our high level approach
In order to assess the services that the team offers, Sophie will assess:
- The stakeholders or “customers” who use them;
- The actual service and whether to measure it;
- The current and future demand for the service and the number of people in the team who can provide the service;
- The skills needed to deliver the service at the appropriate level of quality; and
- The tools and partners the team can use to be better at delivering the service or at smoothing supply and demand.